Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Digital Only Logic Proz Late Night after One Of Those Days
Hi Quathhamer, you missed the intro of the song "well I..." Those are important lyrics and need to be there.

Overall, the mix is very "bombastic" which brings a certain energy to the track, but there are a lot of really negative artefacts that result from the processing.

For example, there is a lot of nuance, detail and ghost-noting in the drum performance, and all of that is getting lost. It is a very important part of the song's feel and groove. The whole mix is pumping and ducking the vocals so that some of the words and phrases are getting squashed down in level, and some are distorted sounding. The vocals are also over-de-essed somewhat.

The bass is also a big part of the song's signature funk/rock sound, but all the high end has been taken out, so any definition and nuance in the performance is gone. It also gets lost on smaller speakers.

I applaud the energy and vibe evident in your intention here, but I think your mixes would really benefit if you referenced some professional mixes to get a feel for what would fit in between the extremes of what is acceptable on that level. Some of that energy could work well, but you need dial it back some to make sure it doesn't overshadow the song.
All 10 FytaKyte Multi-Tracks available for you to mix with purchase of Album here: https://fytakyte.bandcamp.com/releases

Messages In This Thread
RE: Digital Only Logic Proz Late Night after One Of Those Days - by FytaKyte - 23-10-2023, 02:53 AM