Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Actions - Devil´s Word´s Mix/Master
(03-08-2023, 05:18 PM)Flowie Wrote:
(01-08-2023, 03:08 PM)leon_hardy Wrote: Hi Flowie! Great balance and energy in your mix, the guitars sound so full and punchy, exactly what this song needs in my opinion.
A few things that I noticed: I think the mix is a bit low-mids heavy, I think that if you cut around that area especially on bass it will reveal the hi-mid range a lot more. I also feel that the chorus vocals get a bit overwhelmed when the whole band kicks in (which is a problem I too faced when mixing it). Anyway, great mix! If you want, check out my version of this song.
Hey leon!

thanks for your constructive feedback, as i am listening and concentrating specifically on the things you mentioned, i have to agree with you. I will try some different things to get rid of the low-mid bloat, for the chorus part problem i think of slightly multiband sidechaining the guitars to the vocal track. Will upload the result.
Hello again Flowie! 
I think you new revision is great! The bass especially during the verses is driving the groove so much more. One thing I noticed about your balance that I'll try to implement in my mix is that you kept the volume of the double tracked vocal fairly lower than the lead one, which I think reduces the modulation effect and improves the punch of the vocals during the chorus, great!

Messages In This Thread
Actions - Devil´s Word´s Mix/Master - by Flowie - 08-06-2023, 09:14 PM
RE: Actions - Devil´s Word´s Mix/Master - by leon_hardy - 07-08-2023, 01:56 PM