Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slimy Soul Suckers 'Joe's Bar mix1
Good mix, man. I like the vocal, strong and cuts thru. The only minor things I notice are: 1. the snare loses its beefiness as soon as the music begins when compared to the roll in the intro (0:03-0:08). After that all I hear is the snappy top (maybe too much sample?) but not the body. Still sounds good but, imo, would be better if you give it a bit more body. 2. Your guitars, especially the solo, could be thicker. I also hear a bit too much of the saturation in it. Perhaps that's the reason why. The stabbing guitar also needs a bit more body, too much saturation it smears the attack. It should be more...stabbing. Imo, this type of music doesn't need a lot of distortion. I also think maybe the hi from the guitars take some of the beater out of the kick making it less defined. I still can hear it but preferred to have more.

I have been trying to listen to phase issues lately and your snare/guitars sounds familiar with some of the phase problems I ran into in the past. I hesitate to say it bc I am not 100% sure, but it's something you can check. In this song, I flipped the snare down/ hihats/ drumroom/sample to match with the OH. It did help in my mix. Hope it helps, man. Cheers.

Messages In This Thread
Slimy Soul Suckers 'Joe's Bar mix1 - by Cudjoe - 04-06-2023, 03:48 PM
RE: Slimy Soul Suckers 'Joe's Bar mix1 - by SonicTramp - 10-07-2023, 10:48 PM