Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FytaKyte - Too Much by VV -- no strings
The song sounds pretty good, the kick would lower the frequencies a bit above 900hz, and add a bit above 60hz. Some people would be surprised to use an Hpf on the kick, but it is something that is very effective and makes it very solid and round. Depending on the kick, always from 30hz!! up to 60hz and down cut all frequencies. You will surely get a more defined sound. I liked the effect of the first guitars, the second accompaniment guitars have a very similar equalization to the first ones and are muddy. There is an overload on the 1500hz of the two.
If you use any equalizer and you can see the wave, normally the frequencies that stand out a lot from the others are annoying frequencies, a great friend and sound technician taught me that without listening to the audio before starting to mix a song. If a sound has a very wide range of frequencies, like a voice, for example, and there are frequencies that stick out a lot, that's going to sound bad.
I advise you to use the Gullfoss eq that intelligently modifies the sound and eliminates that nasal sound. Sometimes it really emphasizes the highs and lows, but there is a bar to delimit the frequencies that you don't want it to equalize. Or you just use another eq to lower those frequencies. If something sounds nasal, it is due to a lack of bass, and treble in many cases. You've got a solid mix on almost every sound except the guitars. For the rest, good job and I hope I have been able to help you as much as possible.
Compresor de bus SSL, Gates Sta-Level, Dbx 160x, UA 1176, Bae 1073, Lomo Up27, Ear 822Q, IGS Tubecore Mastering Edition, Lexicon PCM 70, Ferrofish A16, SSL Six, Studer Revox B77, Yamaha HS8

Messages In This Thread
RE: FytaKyte - Too Much by VV -- no strings - by tete - 06-06-2023, 09:31 PM