Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FytaKyte - Too Much by VV -- no strings
Thanks @Ricks @brady @SonicTramp for your comments. Points noted.

(06-06-2023, 12:16 AM)SonicTramp Wrote: but I suspect it is a sample (is it?)

the sample is there but it's only mixed in like 15%, so what you're hearing is the real one. Of course it does somehow contribute to the final sound

(06-06-2023, 12:16 AM)SonicTramp Wrote: I don't think you should cut out the violins just to make your mix cleaner and easier. Correct me if I am wrong but in real life setting, our job is mixing it, not altering it in anyway. I wouldn't be surprised if the band complains. Why take such chances, right? Besides, the busier the song the more skill it requires.But that's just my opinions.

um.. I don't think there's a single right answer/approach to that one. Everyone has their own ways.

It's kind of 'natural', if you know what I mean, to think that removing some guitar or bass amp tracks is OK, but getting rid of a whole instrument is somehow wrong. The way I see this is I do whatever I think is best for the song. If I was directly working with the band I'd explain in detail why I don't like those strings, possibly came up with alternatives like the delay I used, or some other sort of compromise. But the final word belongs to them, so if they said they still wanted them I'd keep them.

I actually had a situation like this in the past not as a mixer, but as a 'client'. In a song I was recording with my band we had like 4 guitar tracks playing different melodies at once and it was just too messy; so the mixing engineer suggested we keep one, get rid of the other 3. We went with it, but were confused, and I wasn't sure if it was a good decision until I got into mixing myself, now I get it Big Grin

Messages In This Thread
RE: FytaKyte - Too Much by VV -- no strings - by vovolan - 06-06-2023, 12:20 PM