Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Triviul/The Fiend, "Widow" TChianti mix1
(22-11-2013, 07:52 AM)Mike Senior Wrote: Glad you liked the track! It sounds like it too -- great version this. Can't really judge the pure sonics on my little PC speakers, but the vibe you've generated is terrific! Very immersive and apt for the lyrics. Give it a great dark, lush atmosphere I really like. Love how you've really made a feature of the bass line too. Your ear for creative effects is excellent, I think. I love the patch on the bass/clav and on the various synth lines.

It's great to hear a version so different from my own which works so well in its own right -- arguably it's more effective, in fact, I'd say. Only query, balance-wise: should the main chorus melody be higher in the balance during the final choruses? It seems a bit like the countermelody becomes the main melody there. I can see the justification for consciously doing this, but I'm not whether you're actually doing it deliberately.

Great work -- thanks for posting!

And thank you Mike for taking the time for the listen! Smile
When I was balancing the chorus it just seemed a bit more interesting to me that way.
Lots of great input. Again a big thanks for the comments and the listen. Great site btw, I thank you for all your efforts.

Tom

Messages In This Thread
RE: Triviul/The Fiend, "Widow" TChianti mix1 - by TChianit - 22-11-2013, 12:26 PM