Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Narcissist Ex; Mix & Master of Peppermark - 'Interlude' - Impressive Sounds Studio
well, i'm kinda honored this song meant something for you. means a lot to me as well, and makes me very happy to hear that comment.

as the mix goes! i see you made another tones, and they sound great!

here's some nitpicks for you:

- try turning down that guitar reverb a bit. it does add space, but sometimes is a bit loud
- some parts have a bit too much gain, try automating that (lower gain when the song gets calmer)
- sometimes the low-end of the guitar solo is a bit overwhelming, try high passing that around 100-300hZ (if it looses body, just use an dynamic EQ on the 200hZ'ish area and you'll be good)
- can't hear the kick drum properly, try turning that up by some 2-3dB
- feels like the drum shells could use some more impact on the mix. to achieve that, compress the hell outta those, + use parallel compression to get the drums a bit more energetic. if it clips on the master limiter, just soft clip them anywhere (on the track, on the drum bus, or even the mix bus, witch i usually do)

thanks for mixing!!!
Peppermark

if it sounds good, do it bruh

Messages In This Thread
RE: Narcissist Ex; Mix & Master of Peppermark - 'Interlude' - Impressive Sounds Studio - by Peppermark - 21-03-2023, 01:50 AM