Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interlude
oh well, we got a peripheral over here!! that's awesome, cause i'm one as well heheh

so honored you used my DI tracks. hope you dind't find any problem on re-amping then.

as for the mixing, here are some stuff to make your mix even better:

- as the comments above suggests, there's something going on in the low-end, but i'd say its in the Sub area (0-100 hrtz). maybe take a closer look on that.

- i myself did some automation on the guitar tracks when recording it, and that i think that would help your mix as well:
. after the second chorus, theres a part where some "clean" gtrs are playing. those are supposed to be crunchy, but pretty low-gain. on that same part, try turning down the gain on the rhythm tone as well.
. on the build up, try to turn down the gain on the quad gtrs, thsi way it will make it better for volume balancing.

- i see your tones are great (and thank you for that), but try turning the guitars tracks down a bit (1-2dB) and make the orchestral stuff shine through a bit more. (guitars in this part follow the drums instead of the drums following the guitars, so even if guitars are quieter, you still will be able to hear those)

- the "octave gtrs" are literally rhythm gtr tracks with a pitch shifter, an they're supposed to be the bass "doubler", so the part where the guitars are more melodic, these tracks would "fill the blanks" in the mix and make it more energetic. just plug in any pitch shifter on yours and you're good to go on.

- snare sounds good, but missing a bit of snare room. i provided an track with that specific volume (jsut as nolly does on his mixes), so maybe turn it up and send more to the paralell bus comp.

thanks!!!
Peppermark

if it sounds good, do it bruh

Messages In This Thread
Interlude - by MakisD - 07-03-2023, 09:43 PM
RE: Interlude - by Shul - 12-03-2023, 07:31 AM
RE: Interlude - by MakisD - 12-03-2023, 01:25 PM
RE: Interlude - by JODLEX - 13-03-2023, 10:45 AM
RE: Interlude - by Peppermark - 13-03-2023, 02:29 PM
RE: Interlude - by MakisD - 15-03-2023, 01:23 PM
RE: Interlude - by Franz - 15-03-2023, 04:50 PM
RE: Interlude - by MakisD - 18-03-2023, 11:57 PM