Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Darkride - Hammer Down 2.1
"The goal is to add more excitement /energy to your mix to force a reaction from the listener.  It´s all about emotions, and a good mix puts the spotlight on exactly those parts within a song that help to bring out those very emotions in me. Everything else - the roughmix, the compressor settings, the EQ cuts on the bass, all of that is just a means to an end so that I as a listener feel something while listening."

Yeah man, the key words are "to force a reaction from the listener". These are the gems I have been looking for. But that is, imo, a higher level of skill. The step prior should be processing to get the instruments ready first. I can only speak for myself but I am still elbow deep in this level. But I am working my way toward there bc it is also my goal.

Sure, the skill is just a means to get there, but technical know-how is still an important part of this level. The actual means, if you will. Any mixer's worth his/her salt should know this step inside out and backward, imo. So yeah, I still need to learn how to listen to these hard to hear nuances and use my tools to extract whatever I am looking for from it or add to it. Right now I can only get them to sound the way I want 1/2 of the time, but I am working on it. I guess that if one thinks that one is capable then one can go straight up to that level. Me? I don't mind marinating myself in this level for a while longer. I want to make sure I know what to do. Thanks, man. I learn one more thing today.
"a good mix puts the spotlight on exactly those parts within a song that help to bring out those very emotions.."

I agree but, sadly, easier said than done. I still don't know which one. Still stuck on the who, what, when, and where, all except why. I am thinking that it would be hard to pinpoint bc the choices become too subjective, hence my reason of my being stuck. There is no actual answer. Is there? I would like to hear anybody's thoughts on this.

Messages In This Thread
Darkride - Hammer Down 2.1 - by mikej - 12-01-2023, 09:03 PM
RE: Darkride - Hammer Down 2.1 - by Blitzzz - 23-01-2023, 01:41 PM
RE: Darkride - Hammer Down 2.1 - by SonicTramp - 21-02-2023, 12:14 PM
RE: Darkride - Hammer Down 2.1 - by mikej - 28-01-2023, 01:45 AM
RE: Darkride - Hammer Down 2.1 - by Blitzzz - 28-01-2023, 02:37 AM
RE: Darkride - Hammer Down 2.1 - by mikej - 18-02-2023, 10:56 PM
RE: Darkride - Hammer Down 2.1 - by Blitzzz - 21-02-2023, 10:33 PM
RE: Darkride - Hammer Down 2.1 - by mikej - 21-02-2023, 10:38 PM
RE: Darkride - Hammer Down 2.1 - by Blitzzz - 21-02-2023, 10:48 PM
RE: Darkride - Hammer Down 2.1 - by mikej - 22-02-2023, 12:04 AM
RE: Darkride - Hammer Down 2.1 - by mikej - 11-03-2023, 10:37 PM