Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PHK Mix: Ripe - Little Lighter
It sounds very nice!
There were/are a few things that stood out to me. With the bass guitar playing in the higher register like it does, I found myself wanting more definition/attack/clarity in the notes. Since it also isn't delivering any real low frequency power, when the synth bass (or whatever it is) comes in during the choruses, it's low end power sticks out to me a bit much. You have it very well controlled, it just seems to be a bit much in the context of the whole song when it is not playing. I would either try to give the bass guitar a bit of that low energy thorough out or reign in the synth low end a tad. The only other thing is the kick before the first chorus. There are a couple of points where it hits 32nd notes (I believe) and you can hear/feel some real low frequency "escape" during those parts...so it ends up sounding different than the kick does the rest of the time. I don't recall if it does it elsewhere in the song.
After hearing your mix, I then listened to the posted one. There really is no comparison IMHO...I much prefer yours. Great job.
Comments are my personal opinion intended to help. I listened to your mix in studio on:
Yamaha HS80M/HS10W through a Focusrite Scarlett 18i6 or
Sennheiser HD600 or HyperX Alpha headphones
all with and optionally without Sonarworks software.

MITB enthusiast, FOH Sound Engineer, Drummer

Messages In This Thread
PHK Mix: Ripe - Little Lighter - by PHK - 01-02-2023, 12:14 PM
RE: PHK Mix: Ripe - Little Lighter - by Drummer Craig - 01-02-2023, 09:12 PM
RE: PHK Mix: Ripe - Little Lighter - by PHK - 03-02-2023, 06:14 AM