Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tim Mathis "Comfort Lives In Belief"
Talking about compression: If at all possible, make your mp3 as big as you can. 320kBit/s allows us to concentrate on your mix more easily. Yours is at 160kBit/s.

Listening to mix #3 I really feel lost during the first seconds. There is a quiet guitar chord and a heavy (let me repeat that: heavy) hihat before an overcompressed/distorted kick enters. Maybe you should simply cut these few seconds. Because when the band starts it becomes clearer.

Should you use different stages of compression make sure that you start with the one that is last in the chain. I usually mix through a compressor on the masterfader, one on the group track and one or two on the individual track (if needed). I always start with the compressor on the masterfade, set it so that it improves the track, than move on to the group tracks (busses) and see what I can get out of this compressor. And only than I start using individual track compression. The first two aren't compressing much (2-3db perhaps), but it usually is enough for a lot of tracks.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tim Mathis "Comfort Lives In Belief" - by Artbass - 14-11-2013, 10:36 AM