Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pain Remains Mix
I am quite curious to hear it myself. I have nothing analogue now. I'll prob get some eventually in the future just out of curiosity. Many, including you, say that there is a diff and analogue is better. I guess there might be some truth in it. Right now what I am facing is the balance of skill and equipment, and I think I need the former more than the latter. I don't think I know enough to tell the diff even if I had it, yeah, the ears are not at the optimal level yet.

There are, shall we say, "many ways to skin a cat". It doesn't really matter to me how one mixes, as long as the mix sounds good, it's a go. Each of us has our own ways of working, there are no rules, just principles, you do you and I do me make the world a peaceful place, right?

I am interested in discussing about techniques and how-to on equipment to treat tracks/channels. I am even more interested in learning how/where/what to listen, to hunt for, etc. And I am interested most in learning the correct tool to use. That's the real reason I am here. So yeah, man, share all your tricks. I don't mind learning.

You see, we're at the disadvantage learning by ourselves. In school/real studio they have teachers/professors/mixers to show students everything they need to know in order to perform their jobs. They know what they don't know, and they will be taught/pampered every step of the way. Do we have that luxury? I don't even know what I don't or should know now. Why not? Bc I don't have a complete list of what I should know. For example, I didn't know I had to check phase in the beginning. In fact, I didn't even know what it was. It took me a long while researching, reading, trying to understand, etc...All that took roughly a couple years to learn. Such a waste of precious time, not to mention...blood. I can help anybody with that in about an hour now, but it took me close to two years to learn on my own. I wouldn't spend that much time IF I had this: an explanation of What it is. Why it happens. How to recognize it. Where they happen most often. And how to correct it. It'd prob take a bit of time to digest but at least I'd know what I need to know. That's the disadvantage, wasting too much time unnecessarily, imo.

Coming up with the edit list with you is an attempt to fight back the disadvantage. I've hoped that the list would get longer but it didn't turn out that way. That's ok. Maybe that's all there is. Well, at least we have a workable list to go by, right? And when we mix, we know the other guy, wherever he is, is doing the same thing. Tbh, I feel much more confident when you confirmed you did the same in the editing period. Confidence plays a big role in mixing too you know. Your thought?

Messages In This Thread
Pain Remains Mix - by Philip - 06-12-2022, 12:46 AM
RE: Pain Remains Mix - by SonicTramp - 06-12-2022, 11:41 AM
RE: Pain Remains Mix - by Philip - 06-12-2022, 08:57 PM
RE: Pain Remains Mix - by SonicTramp - 07-12-2022, 05:31 AM
RE: Pain Remains Mix - by Philip - 07-12-2022, 10:03 AM
RE: Pain Remains Mix - by SonicTramp - 07-12-2022, 10:09 PM
RE: Pain Remains Mix - by Philip - 07-12-2022, 11:56 PM
RE: Pain Remains Mix - by SonicTramp - 08-12-2022, 12:43 PM
RE: Pain Remains Mix - by Philip - 08-12-2022, 02:46 PM
RE: Pain Remains Mix - by SonicTramp - 09-12-2022, 09:34 AM
RE: Pain Remains Mix - by Philip - 09-12-2022, 11:08 AM