Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mykey Massacre: 'Don't Please Stay'
Yeah, man. Now I can hear the beloved snare, the guitar solo and the vocal where it's densest. That shows me your skill level and I love it, to be able to go back in and whip it out without destroying the mix is in itself admirable. Yeah, I get it that being technical is somewhat irritating (but can we do without?). To me there are 2 trees to bark at, the technical one and the artistic one. There's not much to say about artistic one bc everyone is different, and allowed to be. However, the technical one is slightly different. If you have a boomy kick, you just have a boomy kick. It doesn't matter who says it, right? What's the use writing/playing a song when one can't even do a bar chord w/o buzzing the strings on the guitar, right? I mean the song may still be good but the guitar playing still sucks. Just like your mix now, the guitar is not boomy anymore, I can hear the snap of the snare, the thump of the kick, the vocal, the solo, etc, and I get to enjoy the whole mix w/o distraction. I think it's worth going thru the exercise , both of us, you mixing and me listening. I learn too by just listening to your mix and others'. Thanks.

Messages In This Thread
Mykey Massacre: 'Don't Please Stay' - by Cudjoe - 17-10-2022, 03:44 PM
RE: Mykey Massacre: 'Don't Please Stay' - by SonicTramp - 04-11-2022, 05:03 PM