Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mykey Massacre: 'Don't Please Stay'
(31-10-2022, 08:03 AM)SonicTramp Wrote: I think it sounds real nice, no mud, and just bright enough to tickle the ears. Awesome job. There's a slight boom on the guitars (2:51-2:54 and whenever the guitar strummed on the E string) sometimes add to the bass and in turn makes the bass boomy too in some other parts. It's only a few seconds, but as technicians we must address it. The ending (7:45 on) the vocal is hard to hear in your mix. (I HP'ed it to almost 300Hz and gave it a healthy dose of both ~2k and 6k and still not enough). Your snare attack is almost completely cover by the kick when it comes in the same spot, where the double kicks come in. Listen to from 7:24 on, as it gets louder all I hear is just the ride. Still sounds exciting but will be more fun if the snare joins the party, right? @8:09 is where you hear the snare weakest, same with vocal. The ending of this song puts everybody's skill to the test. So yeah, and I don't do any better; my mix still has tons of work to do.

My approach toward mixing is entirely technical. I just want to know how to use all the processors the right way to control my sounds. I just look for problems and try to solve it. I used to get really frustrated (the price of self taught) bc of that but not anymore. I now look for someone who can tear my mix apart and tell me what's wrong with it and share what to do if possible. I am doing the same to you bc I think we learn much better and faster that way. I hope you'll agree.
Hi there i do agree,sometimes though getting too technical can be mentally draining,i used to try to get too technical and before i knew it i was shattered,but hey! if it works for you then thats brilliant and keep it up,with me when i mix now i just let the vibe flow,anyway i have made some more adjustments on Mix3,cheers again and glad you are liking the mix now.

.mp3    DontPleaseStay MIX3.mp3 --  (Download: 19.53 MB)

Reaper user

Messages In This Thread
Mykey Massacre: 'Don't Please Stay' - by Cudjoe - 17-10-2022, 03:44 PM
RE: Mykey Massacre: 'Don't Please Stay' - by Cudjoe - 31-10-2022, 03:40 PM