Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mykey Massacre: 'Don't Please Stay'
My beloved mix fell apart when the double kick comes in. The screeching top end from the guitars didn't help it one bit either. And many other things, but... In short, sucks. So I went back and tested my endurance, such long song and such dynamics. But to my surprise, not too bad. The mix really starts from the 3rd solo, about 7 minutes in, so I spent the bulk of time working to make sure I can hear everything, that's an easier part relatively, the real task is not only hearing them, they must be beefy, basking in their own glory as the producer intended, or heads are gonna have to roll, mostly mine. And when the double kicks stampede toward my way I better get out of the way this time. The last time I didn't perform too well. 
Anyway, here it is. The ride is surprisingly important, and who doesn't love the ride, right? I spent so much time trying to get it right, maybe too much actually. But I think it sounds real nice except for the ringing thru the reverb that lingers too long, but I still like it. It will need some minor touch up later on but right now I just let it...ride. Let me know what you think. Thanks.

.mp3    Mykeymassacre-dontpleasestay-tramp_2.mp3 --  (Download: 19.49 MB)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mykey Massacre: 'Don't Please Stay' - by SonicTramp - 30-10-2022, 09:54 AM