Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Mykey Massacre - Don't Please Stay
Hey! Thanks for checking out the mix, much appreciated.

Guilty as charged regarding the rack toms I'm afraid. Honestly, I had a nagging feeling at the time that I probably shouldn't do it, but that thought soon passed and I did it anyway.

The snare. Yes it seems I like quite a lot of room on it (possibly an understatement), but perhaps this could do with a bit more of the direct mic. Actually I remember that I did have a bit of an issue getting enough of the sound I wanted from direct mic in the mix balance for some reason. I have figured out a possible solution for that now as I solved a similar sort of problem with a different instrument in another mix I did recently.

Regarding the guitar solos - I think my idea was for the last solo to have more impact. I agree that I should bear in mind the 'taking over the spot of the lead vocal' thing. A good point, well made.

Hmm. I think the fadeout has to be around the 3 minute mark (or is it the 2 minute mark these days) to be offically called a radio-pop-fadeout? I'm sure I heard a story that back in the pre-automation days, all the big L.A. studios had a 'radio fade guy' on call. That can't be true can it? I was just copying the library mix there really.

You know, I always thought the library mix was kind of like the thing to shoot for, a sort of 'client approved' version if you will, but a recent contributor was wondering why the intro was cut from their track - which makes me wonder if the fadeout was more a case of Mike S getting bored of the shredding or something by then, as it is quite a long track.

Thanks again for the comments. They actually prompted me to do a bit of research into a couple of things you brought up.

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!

Messages In This Thread
Mykey Massacre - Don't Please Stay - by mikej - 07-10-2022, 08:05 PM
RE: Mykey Massacre - Don't Please Stay - by mikej - 08-10-2022, 12:11 PM
RE: Mykey Massacre - Don't Please Stay - by Roy - 08-10-2022, 03:31 PM
RE: Mykey Massacre - Don't Please Stay - by mikej - 08-10-2022, 01:16 PM
RE: Mykey Massacre - Don't Please Stay - by mikej - 08-10-2022, 04:37 PM
RE: Mykey Massacre - Don't Please Stay - by Roy - 08-10-2022, 05:29 PM
RE: Mykey Massacre - Don't Please Stay - by mikej - 08-10-2022, 08:57 PM
RE: Mykey Massacre - Don't Please Stay - by mikej - 09-10-2022, 07:26 PM
RE: Mykey Massacre - Don't Please Stay - by mikej - 29-10-2022, 07:18 PM
RE: Mykey Massacre - Don't Please Stay - by mikej - 09-11-2022, 09:57 PM