Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daimon B - Pain Remains (brady85mix
I think the mix is dragging, maybe that's why you were unsure about it? Sometimes we intuitively know, just no explanation Smile. This is where the second pair of ears is so important. The synth started from the beginning is not fast enough (sustain too long) to push the mix forward, and we need that drive immediately unfortunately. It also smears the guitars a bit too, taking away the bite/articulation it had on prevvy. Maybe using it for the low instead. The one when the vox comes in is a better choice, imo (where "pain remains...every single day..."); it has the attack that can punch thru and has a melody on its own, easier to work with. I always try to take the path with the least resistance Smile. About the beater, I still think it's not enough (sorry!) and I think the synth and guitars have something to do with it. I'd shorten the attack on them and see if the beater shows, sometimes a LP works for me too or a slight cut around 1-2kHz on those with top-end rich instruments help bring out the beater. Just an idea for you. Hope it helps. Thanks.

Messages In This Thread
Daimon B - Pain Remains (brady85mix - by brady85 - 30-08-2022, 08:54 PM
RE: Daimon B - Pain Remains (brady85mix - by SonicTramp - 01-09-2022, 07:19 PM