Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mix Darkride - Peace of me
Overall your intent seems to be in the correct direction. Some things to think about are: Where is this band playing at? Can you make it sound like they are performing there in one space? Do this with reverb and when more low mids are added it can sound like a more realistic room. As of now, the song is kind of like a very clear montage. It has a little less bass impact. If this is desired you can leave it of course, since you are the commander of the direction for your own mix.
EQ: Sounds decent, just a little tinny. Could use a little more low-mids (around 200-800hz , slide around where it sounds good, not just the exact hz number). Doing this is like revealing an image behind another image. It's like onion skinning. The recording is a track of an instrument, not an instrument itself. If the mic gives 3ft away from the object, that's what you get is 3ft. away from the object. Make the TRACK fit, not the instrument.

There is nothing wrong with your mix though. I am able to enjoy the music, which is the correct intent I was speaking of before. You kept the band's intent in tact. Thank you.

Messages In This Thread
Mix Darkride - Peace of me - by totorelaligatore - 29-05-2022, 02:18 PM
RE: Mix Darkride - Peace of me - by BrandonShelton - 29-05-2022, 04:03 PM
RE: Mix Darkride - Peace of me - by Blitzzz - 02-06-2022, 09:29 AM