Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Laminar Flow: 'Headspace' - 'Maiden Mix'
Hi!

Quite an ambitious track to take on for a first go! I think the band do mention Iron Maiden as an influence on their website. This track certainly does have that kind of a sound to it.

As I listen to your mix, I'm hearing that the main guitars are quite loud and upfront at the start, but they seem to sink into the background when the drums, bass and the rest of the band come in. Not sure if the bass is eating up all your mix headroom and causing the master bus compressor and/or limiter to clamp down on the volume of your mix a bit too much here? It's something I think we've all done at one time or another.

It might be worth just taking off all the master bus processing and checking the mix balance again (perhaps after taking a bit of a break). My mix - I think I'm only taking off 1 or 2 db on the main bus compressor.

From what I can hear it seems like you've certainly captured the Iron Maiden vibe though, particuarly with the vocal.

Hope that helps?

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Laminar Flow: 'Headspace' - 'Maiden Mix' - by mikej - 25-04-2022, 03:47 PM