Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trybes MonKEd
Hi All,

(15-04-2022, 11:54 AM)roy Wrote: The thing is this puts people off, when i first came here i thought great a place where people give critique and help each other, but it turns out its mostly dead except a certain few good people, and nobody reviews each other because egomaniacs like this just take every critique so badly. Also beginners might believe that he is as good as he thinks he is and give up because they dont sound as bad and stop believing their own ears.

I understand the frustration, and in a general sense I've done what I can to promote a positive atmosphere here and discourage the worst of the trolling. As you say, there are 'a few good people' who get the concept of what this forum is about, and I think the best thing any of us can do is simply be one of those good people, and avoid antagonistic language and personal attacks that needlessly inflame conversations.

I agree that I would rather not discourage beginners, and for my own part I always do my best not to. However, in our 'post truth' era, no-one can excape the necessary task of evaluating the validity/agenda of any given source of critique -- whether that source is you, me, monk, or anyone else. So if we as moderators try to protect beginners from facing such choices (and learning from them), we potentially do them a disservice, in my view. Dealing with mix feedback in any real-world mixing situation is difficult and messy, as much as I'd prefer it wasn't, and trying to avoid that reality in this forum feels like it would be a King Canute-like task for any of us!  Big Grin

Messages In This Thread
Trybes MonKEd - by Monk - 15-04-2022, 11:12 AM
RE: Trybes MonKEd - by Y's Man - 15-04-2022, 11:21 AM
RE: Trybes MonKEd - by Roy - 15-04-2022, 11:41 AM
RE: Trybes MonKEd - by Y's Man - 15-04-2022, 11:46 AM
RE: Trybes MonKEd - by Roy - 15-04-2022, 11:54 AM
RE: Trybes MonKEd - by Mike Senior - 18-04-2022, 08:43 AM
RE: Trybes MonKEd - by crw2020 - 01-05-2022, 06:02 AM