Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Imp Act - Back In Time (Malcolm Tempt mix)
Hi!

Yeah - the key is definitely to try lots of things out, and find out what works for you, and what doesn't. A good tip for guitar sounds is to check out and read few guitar forums and guitar youtubers. Sometimes I find just a db at 1.5k brings the guitar sound out nicely, along with a little bump somewhere around 6-8k.

Mix 1.2 is certainly a lot clearer and a little more 'upfront'. Good work. Do watch that you don't give it too much in that 3-4k area though - I think there might be just a touch too much of that on the guitar that comes in at around the 1:30 mark. I haven't attempted this mix yet. I think tone wise somewhere between your 1.2 mix and the library mix might be about right for me. Try loading up the library mix and your two mixes on separate tracks in your daw. Level match them and switch between them you'll probably hear what I mean.

Hope that helps some?

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Imp Act - Back In Time (Malcolm Tempt mix) - by mikej - 11-04-2022, 07:22 PM