Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Have You Done To Me - Mix By Enrique Rueda
Hi!

I saw the other day that you've been quite busy posting up a few mixes and getting involved posting up a few comments. I'd have thought by now that a few people might have been kind enough to have returned the favor and commented on your mixes.

I gave this a quick listen on iems so my critique might be a bit off...

Not a bad mix. Vocals are nicely up front.

Not sure if you are using saturation on the master bus or something as I am hearing that the mix sounds a bit kind of muddy / congested in the mids / low mids? Maybe the mix is just a touch low mid heavy? I'm feeling that you could try and get a bit more separation between the kick/vocal/snare in that area? (not sure if the vocal & snare need highpassing just a little more?)

You might also be able to get a touch more separation and add some upper mids to the overall frequency balance - by adding say a little 3k to the kick, 1.5 or 2.5k and 8k maybe to the guitars and a little 4k on the vocal? Could be just adding a touch of 4k and a bit of air on the mixbus would do the trick?

Could maybe push the guitars a touch more in the chorus too, especially the lead riff thing?

Just a few thoughts that came to mind of some things to try regarding adding a bit of extra polish.

Keep it up!

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Have You Done To Me - Mix By Enrique Rueda - by mikej - 18-03-2022, 10:27 PM