Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Angels In Amplifiers - I'm Alright
Hello again everybody!

I quite enjoyed mixing this! It's not the type of track I think I'd have made as my first choice and so I was pleasantly surprised that I stuck with it (had to give up on a rap track the other day).

I didn't like some of the "forced monophonic / stereophonic" aspect of some of these tracks (particularly the backing vocals) so I fired up my trusty DAW tools and got to work Smile

There's also a really badly played chord on one of the nylon string guitar tracks towards the end of the first verse, so I fixed that too Wink

I used mainly stock REAPER plugins, with a small dose of a couple of StillWell things (eq and compressor) and maybe a TB reverb.

My main monitoring system is a pair of Behringer passives which have their tweeters at ear-level. This is proving to also be ear-hurting so I'm checking the mix on a mono craptastic speaker, a decent-ish pair of headphones and a bog-standard 2.1 computer (Altec Lansing).

I bought one of those room measuring microphones and a used programmable parametric EQ, so I think I'm going to have to try to decode the room measuring software instructions and measure the room again, because everything's coming out of the Behringers with way too little top end (quite unsurprisingly with those ear-shattering tweeters). My ears are important!

Anyways, I quite like end result of this particular mix on four different systems, so I'm hoping that means I'm picking up this mixing lark Smile

Cheers!

Edit:

There's some smattering going on with certain frequencies in the MP3. It's not there in the .wav! Just so you know Smile

.mp3    AngelsInAmplifiers-ImAlright.mp3 --  (Download: 2.69 MB)

Messages In This Thread
Angels In Amplifiers - I'm Alright - by ambiguation - 02-11-2013, 03:32 AM