Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ronnie Jones - Why Don't You Stay
(27-02-2022, 08:56 PM)filipandrei Wrote: Hey Lynx_TWO,

I like the Acoustic Guitars, a very good sound and balance.
I would give the Kick a bit of air, I can't really hear it and also the voice has too many harsh frequencies in the upper spectrum, and I think you could use a de-esser.
Overall a good balance

Cheers
Thanks!  Yea I'm definitely still learning how to get the bass notes just right.  It's certainly a science and an art!  The voice was purposeful since I personally like hearing all the components including sibilance, but yes the EQ I used is more geared for metal voices so isn't as smooth or 'silky' as I'd like Big Grin

The acoustic guitars are something I always focus on.  I EQ-Match them with RX to a specific standard I enjoy, then I used 5 layers of Denise Audio Perfect Room with different crossover points and ducking settings, along with DragonFire to really bring out the air and the frets.

Reaper FX Chain here:  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wjk23So4g38guN_UmNgw1GqmVh-bleyw/view?usp=sharing

EDIT: OK I gotta admit, changing the EQ to the 'ol fabfilter Q3 and using a DeEsser really smoothed out the vocals. I'm using that from now on (OK except maybe with metal lol, but even then...)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ronnie Jones - Why Don't You Stay - by Lynx_TWO - 28-02-2022, 01:58 PM