Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Great mixes!
[quote pid='115585' dateline='1644340565']
For me I am interested in:

What was your idea and vision for the mix of this track? 
I always seem to lean towards a thick mix more then a see through. I like layers and a lush sound.

Which aspects of the mix are the most important to you?
I'd have to say balance and how well everything is working with each other. I kind of go by feel..

Are there any key points you think people are kind of missing?
For my tastes, i'm seeing it in the volume changes between parts and the gating off all the aspects of the snare especially in the beginning. Also the relation of blending the second vocal track instead of full volume dbl. It needs a blend to feel but not hear the second vocal.

What things have people come up with that have surprised/impressed you?
How people are approaching the chorus vocals (width, verbs), and the mix with the reverse verb on the lead vocals was really cool.

And if that wasn't enough wide ranging questions to be getting on with -

I'm curious - due to the high quality of the tracks - was this a studio production, or more of a home recorded thing?
This was all done in a bedroom home studio.

Edit - and did you play and sing all the parts?
I played the guitar, bass, and sang all the vocals. I took a long hiatus from music (28 years), been back at it probably year and a half. Thats the first guitar solo i've come up with in 28 years. The guitars are actually quad tracked with no time editing. That's the first i've really sang in 28 years (ruuusty). The vocals and backing vocals (48 tracks of harmonies condensed into the 4 sets for a huge sound) were done with a Rode Mic. I programmed the drums on EZ Drummer. 

Another edit - Wow, ok, just checked your youtube channel - House Of Bedlam Demo '93.  Amazing!!
Thank you very much, that was the last i did in music till bout year and a half ago. That was actually recorded in an apartment dining room on a fostex 4 track, bouncing 4 tracks to DAT then back to 2 track and record and so on Till all was recorded/mixed. You had to play ever part one take right or do it again till you did. Drums are programming of the old Alesis drum machine note for note from rehearsal tapes. It was a lot of work and upset neighbors.. lol Oh i wish i would have had a DAW like today....

Thank you for the questions and for taking the time to mix my tracks.
Cheers!
[/quote]
Everyone hears it a little different....
House of Bedlam - YouTube

Messages In This Thread
Great mixes! - by HouseOfBedlam - 08-02-2022, 01:29 PM
RE: Great mixes! - by mikej - 08-02-2022, 06:16 PM
RE: Great mixes! - by HouseOfBedlam - 08-02-2022, 09:28 PM
RE: Great mixes! - by Monk - 15-02-2022, 10:29 AM
RE: Great mixes! - by mikej - 08-02-2022, 10:50 PM
RE: Great mixes! - by HouseOfBedlam - 09-02-2022, 01:31 PM
RE: Great mixes! - by mikej - 11-02-2022, 11:35 PM
RE: Great mixes! - by HouseOfBedlam - 12-02-2022, 11:56 AM
RE: Great mixes! - by Monk - 15-02-2022, 10:31 AM
RE: Great mixes! - by HouseOfBedlam - 15-02-2022, 01:26 PM