Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brennon Causey Mixing - 'The Calm v3'
(06-12-2021, 02:17 PM)mikej Wrote: Hi!

Getting there.  I feel I might have given you the wrong steer regarding the drums... I just lined up your two mixes in the DAW with my mix and the library mix snare is a bit louder and has more sustain to it, thanks to the reverb, and maybe a bit more 6-8k, or something like that.  I think it was maybe the snare that had me thinking the kick and bass were a bit off.  Some of the supporting synth elements might be getting masked a bit at times by that lead synth too maybe? What are your thoughts?

Cheers!
Hmm the library mix does seem to have more energy with the synths when I listen to it. Its a great mix. I actually picked this song because I knew it was gonna be hard, since I don't really click so easily with it. I know I need to up the bell like Chorus Synth, and maybe EQ down the lead synth A little.. Do you think the library mix needs maybe something in terms of its direction? its super hard for me to judge this song haha

I will try to let my ears adjust before I make any decisions, I've been mixing through songs in the last hours Smile

Messages In This Thread
Brennon Causey Mixing - 'The Calm v3' - by 401kBC - 04-12-2021, 12:14 PM
RE: Brennon Causey Mixing - 'The Calm' - by mikej - 04-12-2021, 08:57 PM
RE: Brennon Causey Mixing - 'The Calm v2' - by 401kBC - 06-12-2021, 02:57 PM