Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Brennon Causey Mixing - 'Eyes'
Hi!

I've given this a good listen. Bear in mind I've been listening to my mix a bit too much to be properly objective, so my comments might not actually be of much use! I did reference the Telefunken video mix a bit too though.

Your mix is punchy and upfront which I like. I feel you could maybe back off the limiter a bit though? I think it's perhaps a touch on the loud side for this kind of material (and as you know I try to get my mixes loud too).

Polish wise - I think the lead guitar could be a bit brighter, and for this style the lead vocal could maybe sit back in the mix with the rest of the band a little more? Not sure if you do this already - it might also be worth trying a little high/low pass before the reverb. Maybe the bass could be a little tighter in places too.

I don't know how you found this one. For me the main challenges are trying to get the balance right, also with respect to the bleed, and keeping that slightly boxy room tone in check whilst having everything sound somewhat 'natural'.

Anyway., keep it up!

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!

Messages In This Thread
Brennon Causey Mixing - 'Eyes' - by 401kBC - 09-11-2021, 05:44 AM
RE: Brennon Causey Mixing - 'Eyes' - by mikej - 09-11-2021, 06:45 PM
RE: Brennon Causey Mixing - 'Eyes' - by 401kBC - 10-11-2021, 02:00 PM