Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brennon Causey Mixing - 'Drag Me Down'
Hi!

Sounds really big and punchy! Kind of expensive sounding over all too I feel. It’s not easy to get a good and loud mix. It’s around 6.7 LUFS (14 LUFS fans look away now Big Grin). Liking the detail you got from the drums. I also really like the vocals - I think that panning works really well. Maybe just a touch heavy in the low end though < 200Hz perhaps? Not sure if it needs a little bit more high passing on some instruments - like maybe the intro guitar figure? Could maybe also boost 300 a bit Smile and cut 3-4k a touch, to balance that out a bit.

I could be a bit off though. I’ll list the tracks I was kind of referencing against below. I’ve also probably listened to my attempt a bit too much too by now. It’s more than possible that I'll feel differently about it next week after a bit of a rest!

Refs:

Bad Religion - Age Of Unreason
Badflower - ANA
Living Colour - Freedom Of Expression
Halestrom - Vicious

No particular reason for choosing those tracks - I just had them handy.

Anyway, not sure if the critique is of any use or not. I certainly enjoyed the listen. It's a good mix.

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Brennon Causey Mixing - 'Drag Me Down' - by mikej - 24-10-2021, 08:34 PM