Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Never let you go ...the version I liked best
Never let you go +4.4dbs not so dark_Master2.mp3

I like this one. I can't find anything that I think jumps out and scares my fragile little soul. That's always a plus. I hear a lot more things that I couldn't hear from the previous versions (whatever I heard). The rest is just personal preferences. However, I hear a lot of distortion/saturation in your mix. I hear it from everywhere, kinda similar to each other, so I am thinking of the master bus. I mean I like your mix, but somehow, I guess the more violent side of me speaking, I think it could be punchier. Well, correct me if I am wrong, distortion/sat has been known to shave off some, if not all, attack from instruments. Perhaps, that's why I feel it's not punchy enough? The same effect can also be achieved with too fast of an attack in a compressor. I go for the distortion first bc I hear it better. I still cannot hear the subtle change in a compressor, so why even try. But it's worth a shot, right? So yeah, include the compressor. Let me know your thoughts on this.

Anyway I think this mix shows good improvement, at least to my ears. Whenever I get a mix to somewhat of a serviceable state like this, I'd think about polishing every single instrument and try show them in their best light, according to my tastes. It's one of the ways to find your "style." Having a distinctive style, to me, is an advantage, right? Cheers!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Never let you go ...the version I liked best - by SonicTramp - 16-10-2021, 03:05 AM