Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Never let you go ...the version I liked best
(13-10-2021, 07:21 AM)SonicTramp Wrote: Well, the way I see it is like a right of passage. I mean, what will become of us if we don't have mud everywhere in our mixes? Need I mention there are mixes that I rather tiptoe softly to the backyard, across a barn with rusty hooks and hoes to bury them, in the dark moonless night, when no one is around, instead of 6, 12 feet under. What about no bottom end at all? What about muted tracks? Man, I don't wear them proudly, can you blame me?, but I am not shamed having them either. And yeah, you name it, man. I have much experience wallowing in that awesome pool of sonic miseries Smile. Almost drown quite a few times (throw in the towel), but, luckily, I have big lungs. I can hold my breath down there...forever. It takes a bit of work to make me cry, you know.

Yeah, take a rest. No need to torture yourself mixing with ear fatigue. It'll come to you as it comes to me. Eventually you'll hear what's wrong in your mix by yourself. The learning curve in this business is quite gentle. It takes a long time just to get a bit better. Here patience and perseverance are great virtues to possess. I encourage you to read more about sounds, the science part of it, and keep playing with your toys (compressor, EQ, etc) to get to know them better. I have only a few plugins, mostly stock, but I know them well enough to know what they can do and how they can help me pin the mix down. I am in no way know everything about my plugins but knowing enough is enough to get me thru and, yeah, read the user manuals Smile. The main thing is to be able to hear it. That's the key, my friend. We are in the business of listening. Let's not forget that, right?

Let me know your next mix when it's done. I'll give you my 2 cents then. Thanks.
here you go my friend

.mp3    Never let you go +4.4dbs not so dark_Master.mp3 --  (Download: 6.97 MB)

.mp3    Never let you go +4.4dbs not so dark_Master2.mp3 --  (Download: 6.97 MB)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Never let you go ...the version I liked best - by LuciferMabus - 15-10-2021, 03:55 PM