Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Never let you go ...the version I liked best
(13-10-2021, 08:47 AM)401kBC Wrote: I had some time to listen to never let you go +4.4db

I really enjoy it Smile a few things, The timing on the background vocal is a little bit ahead. Possibly you moved the file by accident? I think the balance of everything for the most part is very good. I think the problem with the mix feeling dark somewhat, is all of the tracks are mixed together very close in the treble. something you could try, a sidechained track from the vocal, add a sharp High Pass filter from 3k to 5k, you can also add some saturation to make it thicker to fill in any gaps in the spectrum that you cannot hear, and you can also gate it so it only plays when the vocal plays, so no noise in between the silence. With this track anytime you feel things get dark, just bring the fader up and the vocal will balance out the darkness. You could also try this on some other tracks like on one of the synths during the chorus. I ended up adding a delay of about 15ms to the right side of the Hi Hats to make them sound wider. Just a little more DB from the hihat in your mix would make the drums much bigger and melody carry a little more. The Snare and Kick sounds GREAT along with the cymbals. Same with the lead Vocal in the Chorus, Its at a nice level and presence. Smile
Hey thanks about the background vocals, lol they are off because when I remixed my old mix I put VCA fader on the background vocals and didn't bus them correctly, they are bus straight to master bus, just crazy, long story short is the Multiband compression in the vocal chain will change latency in Cubase and the background vocal bypassed the whole chain which means they are really ahead.  well, I guess I really have to Mixdown these again once I bus them to the vocal chain they will be back aligned.  Hey, you were the only one who noticed it, I was rushing this plus to fix my old version, I added a lot of different buses for another delay and probably forgot to route it, Cubase will route all-new tracks to the master bus by default.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Never let you go ...the version I liked best - by LuciferMabus - 13-10-2021, 12:06 PM