Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Never let you go ...the version I liked best
(13-10-2021, 03:42 AM)SonicTramp Wrote: Never let you go +4.4db.mp3

I like this version best bc I like how you did the bottom end, quite deep and dark. I don't mind it much but think that it should be a bit brighter for this song, but that's just my opinion. I still think that the chorus is still not strong enough. The rest of the song is good. There are a bunch of synths (4/5/6) that would help strengthen that part. I'd hp all the way to 500Hz on all 3 and cut them loose with faders up fairly high and see what happens. If you need to, you can always shave off a bit of top end from them to leave room for the vocal. I think if you do that you'll be able to bring back some hi mid back in the mix and make it less dark. There is also an accent on (voxSFX2 and 3.1) ~0:51, and somewhere else after the v2, that needs to be reigned in a bit more. They draw too much attention, imo.

I had some time to work on my mix a bit more. I was able to bring more bottom end to it, making the whole mix beefier, I think. I also include here a short pass of just the kick and the bass so you have an idea how they sound and sit in the mix. Maybe you'll find it useful, if not, you don't have to listen to it. Cheers!
yeah i like the filter sweep in the bass and all tips are helpful. great stuff you are doing. i probably go back to the mix in few days, my hear are burnt out and i’m hear this song in my dreams right now so going to have play a lot different music now just to get all the looping out my head, lol. i wonder do you hear a song you just mixed looping in your head like i do? crazy.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Never let you go ...the version I liked best - by LuciferMabus - 13-10-2021, 06:37 AM