Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Brian C Cai Fei Hong-never let you go- Sonictramp
(06-10-2021, 02:20 PM)Ys Man Wrote:
(06-10-2021, 01:54 PM)mikej Wrote: Hi!

Lets compare the mixes! 

First up is the headphone mix, then it switches to the speaker mix.  Roughly level matched both to peak at -6db. I didn't quite get the files lined up exactly, so the transition is not as smooth as is might be.  I think it's good enough for comparison purposes.

Tonally the two mixes are a little different.  To me the headphone mix has better midrange - certainly that synth figure is more prominent in the headphone mix.  The speaker mix has better low end punch (listen to the kick) and weight (bass) - but the mids are perhaps not as well defined.  Certainly that synth figure is quite buried in the speaker mix by comparsion.  The headphone mix might be a little bright in that 5k area.

How does the comparison file sound to you - if you listen on headphones, and then on the speakers? Compare the kick, bass, snare, midrange (synth figure), vocal and the high end between the two mixes.

Maybe the headphone mix needs more kick, and the speaker mix more synth?

Interesting!

Cheers!
Listening on new headphones(beyerdynamic 770) like you said the first one is more present in the low mid range and the second has more weight to it, they actually both sound fine and nothing like before, everything seems controlled, my personal preference is the speaker mix as i like thick kicks and sub lows but both work, a combination of the two would possibly be muddy, looks like problems sorted as you are hearing what is translating here, sorry i cant listen on speakers as i have headphone only setup for now
*Thanks, man, for the feedback. I appreciate it. Now that the low end is sorted out, I guess there is always the mid and the hi to tend to, right? Thanks a lot, man. At least I feel more confident strapping myself in for another mix.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Brian C Cai Fei Hong-never let you go- Sonictramp - by SonicTramp - 07-10-2021, 02:10 AM