Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Brian C Cai Fei Hong-never let you go- Sonictramp
*Yep, I heard the same thing. The headphones mix sounded brighter and less muddy.  The monitor mix is beefier but also muddier. I think I did it before I put more absorbers between the HS8, right in front of me against the wall in the backs of the speakers. The mud might have come bc of that. I just couldn't hear the bass clearly with the monitors. I am not quite sure but after that was done, the bass sounds more solid, less wavy and boomy, and it decays faster without hanging around taking its sweet time as before. It looks like my room is not too bad after all that "treatment." Still rough around the edges but what isn't, right?

My main concern was the bottom end, the bread and butter, so to speak. The rest of instruments are, relatively, much easier to handle once the kick/bass find their places in the mix. The kick poses a little less of a problem for me, perhaps bc it is constant in pitch and the dynamics is not as wildly as the bass. But I'll keep working on them and hopefully someday I'll be able to nail them down. It's not an impossibility, right?

The important thing is I hear what you guys hear now, not effortlessly like you guys yet but start to recognize the differences. I am still on unfamiliar terrain. But, even more importantly, I start to hear my moves clearer now, especially with headphones. That encourages me to go on for more discoveries. It feels like I just finish the first page of the entire encyclopedia set. And it turned out it was the acknowledgement page Smile.

Thanks, man, for doing all that. It helps enhancing my knowledge, and I am always grateful for that.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Brian C Cai Fei Hong-never let you go- Sonictramp - by SonicTramp - 07-10-2021, 01:20 AM