Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Brian C Cai Fei Hong-never let you go- Sonictramp
neverletyougo-4dBdown.mp3

Hi!

Your new mix sounds a lot better in the low end, to my taste you could boost it even further. In this mix my primary focus would be on the general balance of the instruments since some stand out too much. Also, the chorus drops again in energy - but that should be a manner of pushing the faders.

I think the best would be to take your time and listen to your favorite records. Learn how your system sounds and behaves and how you can consistently recreate the sound you want.

I took my time and started using (good) headphones in addition to speakers. Not only do they reproduce the very lows a bit better, but also they don't care about room acoustics and are much more consistent (I could reproduce my sound anywhere on earth). Some professionals mix only on headphones (I think it's Andrew Scheps that did some interviews on his workflow?) others don't. In my opinion, the best is trying things out - if it helps: good, if not: try something else.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Brian C Cai Fei Hong-never let you go- Sonictramp - by Lucas Alber - 30-09-2021, 08:42 AM