Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Brian C Cai Fei Hong-never let you go- Sonictramp
(29-09-2021, 10:39 PM)Lucas Alber Wrote: Can you be more precise with your setup?

You have HS8s, right? (yes) How close are they to the wall behind?

*I have an attachment so you can see. Look for the ones on the left. All numbers are inches, tho units don't matter since the formula is in ratio.

How load are you monitoring?  To minimize the effect of the room, you can try to monitor on low volumes.

*(not too loud, hovering around 60 dBs, and more often than not, less). (sure, to minimize reflection)

The 100 Hz is more like the upper limit of the problem-area, the kick and subbass for example play around 20-50 Hz.

*(If I have problem with 100Hz, I should have the same with 50Hz since it is an octave of each other, and 50Hz being sub, so that could be it. Just a guess). Btw, using another formula (f= v/2L) I calculate the resonance of my room is @ 36Hz (D1 in piano) and the problem is at the 3rd harmonic 108Hz (~A2 piano) (previously 111Hz) for both W and L of my room. I am thinking about building a broadband bass trap but that would require a length of around 34" thick to trap as low as 100Hz. Forget about 50Hz.

What exactly do you mean with "directional"?  When the monitors are at the correct spot, they should disappear. That means the vocal should feel like it's coming from behind your desk, and the mix should sound wider than the positions of the monitors (which is hard to believe until it works).

*(Meaning I can hear the higher register coming from the speakers clearer, stereo image wise. Prior to that I could still hear the top end but smeared and not quite knowing where they come from exactly. Sometimes I have to hard pan bc of that)

Another possibility is that you have difficulties hearing the higher registers, and you are overcompensating here.

* it could be a possibility and, yeah, it'll be a disaster for me bc I can't fix that.

Thanks, man.

Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Brian C Cai Fei Hong-never let you go- Sonictramp - by SonicTramp - 29-09-2021, 11:36 PM