Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Brian C Cai Fei Hong-never let you go- Sonictramp
(29-09-2021, 07:36 PM)LucasĀ Alber Wrote: Hi!

Sorry, but you won't like my reply.

Your new mix is still lacking in the low end. In this case, the term "a lot" would be indeed appropriate:
To be precise, in the chorus the kick needed approx 12db (that is like quadrupling the volume) and the sub bass should be brought up in the mix too even more than 12db. (I cannot simulate that with an EQ).

Maybe try to reference against an industry track of similar genre using a low pass? The higher registers are well-balanced. I am no expert, but I thought hearing loss in the lows is not that common, is it?
Could be that your room is exaggerating the bass a lot?

Feel free to PM if you have more (specific) questions. Maybe we can figure out the problem together?

* Thanks Lucas. I think we can dismiss the hearing loss in the low bc that would lead to overcompensate, right? And, no, I have heard of hi freq loss with age but never the low.

I think it's the monitors position and the room. I just got them (~2 months). The room is quite square (15X13.5X8-L/W/H). Yesterday, I did some research and found out that my room has a build up around 111-113Hz (room mode). Here is what I know about that region: most instruments' fundamental are around there. That is also where we get the bulk of the low end aka not to messed with. Correct me if I am wrong. Info from the net is not to be trusted. I have the luck of the devil, ain't I? So I turn up a sine wave at 111Hz and walked around to find the null and peaks. I kinda chose the region in between where I still hear the sound but not as loud or low to sit aka between the null and peaks. I found a website that can calculate the location of the first reflection and put a duffle bag with some blanket in it to test. I moved my listening position ~ 18 inches closer to the speakers, to sit bet the null/peak than previously did. That's all I did, and, as you can see, quite bloody.

What I hear after all that: sounds seem to come from the speakers a bit clearer on the higher register 600Hz+ more directional. The bottom end didn't change that much, but what I noticed was the kick meter didn't bounce hard like I used to see with this type of music even though I pushed both the kick and the basses much harder than the last mix. The only thing I can think of is I am still sitting in the peak still bc clearly I under-compensate. Your thoughts?

I'd love to pm you, but if you don't mind, can I ask it here? That way it may be beneficial to those who don't know. Your good deed will grow more than just on me. Thanks.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Brian C Cai Fei Hong-never let you go- Sonictramp - by SonicTramp - 29-09-2021, 08:37 PM