Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brian C Cai Fei Hong: 'Never Let You Go'
(29-09-2021, 09:40 AM)LucasĀ Alber Wrote: Hi Smile

Just to be sure, did you listen to the version 3? I had the old version there for comparison too. I already tried to fix that volume change, but maybe I failed.

Why would I target specific LUFS in the mix? I turned the gain down to make sure the song does not clip. Normally, I would export using 32bit float and leave the gain as is. Bringing the volume up would need a limiter, making the job of a mastering engineer a lot harder.
Maybe have a listen to my "MASTER" version, in that one I applied a limiter and brought the volume up.
Because at different volumes things sound different you are miles away from what a mastering engineer needs in terms of headroom and clipping, plus they need a balanced mix gain is easily dealt with as long as theres no clipping.

Just listened to the master version and yes the drop volume change is alot smoother there and now the low end is sounding great if im honest but everything in the background is lost a bit , it could be as simple as bringing the faders up for the background if they sit well

Messages In This Thread
RE: Brian C Cai Fei Hong: 'Never Let You Go' - by Y's Man - 29-09-2021, 09:55 AM