Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brian C Cai Fei Hong: 'Never Let You Go' Mix
(23-09-2021, 10:23 AM)vrlnsnd Wrote:
(23-09-2021, 09:48 AM)Y Wrote: The reverbdelays in the vocal seem a bit cluttered although i like the ideas, man that kick is nice very punchy, everything is done well just seems missing some sub bass. Anything else would be preference, i think the snare reverb is a bit dark maybe, sounds a bit like like a tennis match its distracting as the snare isnt a great sound originally. The balance is great though. Bare in mind im on headphones so reverbs etc could sound different on speakers

- Reverb Delays on Vocal: Yes, maybe those are a bit too much. Could be finetuned with shorter reverbtime and more dry-Mix of the effect i think.

- I decided to use more reverb on this song as usual and automated the level of it. Tried to control a good part of the "openess" of the sound with that. I think Reverb is a very critical task in this mix.

- Kick: Thanks! I did some additional sidechaining to some other elements to always retain that punch. This was my main focus in the beginning

- Sub bass: Noted! I have to check. I don't think it's a balance issue (correct me). I have a slight feeling that the bass is getting compressed a bit too much in the "quick-mastering"-process.

- Snare Sound: The Snare takes a significant hit by the limiter on the master bus (sound-wise), that's something that has to be adressed. Actually I liked that Plate-Reverb on it haha. Maybe reverb level is a thing and I'll try to EQ that a bit. But I will try another reverb as well!

- Headphones: Maybe, but we want it to sound good on headphones too! Smile

Many thanks for the feedback! Helps a lot to hear another perspective!
Yeah i think with the snare its the sample itself for me that with reverb just reminds me of watchhing tennis i relistened to mine and get a similar feeling its not a mix problem (funny because when doing it i didnt mind the snare but now it seems off). For sub bass i cant really hear anything underneath the kick from the synths all the power from the bass seems to be coming from 100hz plus , so it might be compression.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Brian C Cai Fei Hong: 'Never Let You Go' Mix - by Y's Man - 23-09-2021, 10:30 AM