Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brian C Cai Fei Hong: 'Never Let You Go'
Man, this sounds better and better, can I share some tricks, I learned from Luca Pretolesi a cool trick to expand instead of compress the dynamic range of a signal, using a single band or in this case, a multiband transient shaper, like the iZotope Neutron 3 Transient Shaper, I think, Melda have also a multiband transient shaper. Using that to expand the highs and lows to open the sound. 

In the Loop Break, the track 23, my settings was  a iZotope Neutron 3 Transient Shaper with the first crossover, the line that divide the bands, in 4.5kHz and boosted some dbfs for attack in the Highs, the other crossover was in 450 Hz an boosted some dbfs for the attack on the lows. The result is an open sound and you dont need to use a EQ. If you can, experiment with those kind of plugins

For the Kick, I used a clipper, the SIR Audio Clipper to generate extra harmonics, but this flattens out the kick, to give the transients back I used the Neutron T.Shaper, or you can use any compressor with a slow attack like 150 ms will create the transient.

For the Master process, Luca Pretolesi uses a combination of Clippers and Limiters, check this out:
https://youtu.be/bYLyJHXxA3g

Messages In This Thread