Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
!!!NEW - mITc's Me and My Crew, Take 5 !!!
Starting with the intro, the only elements here are the gtr and vox, already peaking at -3dBFS (around the 10 second marker)! You have a brickwall limiter set at -0.8dBFS which leaves headroom of a mere -2.2dBFS in which to fit drums, the bass gtr, sax, vocals, egtr, and keys!!!!  When the song kicks in at 15seconds, it sounds completely flat and lifeless musically from then on. This is also having consequences on the level of artifacts.

What are you using for monitoring? Knowing this might help me to better understand your situation because the judgements you are making suggest it's leading you astray (I speak from the frustrations of experience!). Headphones will do that and earbuds are just as pathetic at assessing dynamic and pretty much anything else, which might go some way to explaining why previous posters herein have missed the benefits of being able to assess dynamics and frequency response. The matter of the narrow stereo field is also a factor because of the exaggerated 180 degree spread, which I've also commented.  But you'd be wrong to think that just because these critically important points weren't mentioned by others that it's not a problem. It simply means feedback has shortcomings and you will be damned if you ignore the right one for the wrong reasons. Wink

I have auditioned a few of your mixmasters over the passage of time. Irrespective of genre, I've always found there to be contradictions and ambiguities in the performance space. It doesn't take much to confuse a brain, especially one like mine Wink

While you mentioned Program Loudness, I would propose that it's of no value on it's own and actually doesn't say anything about anything per se, as the subject is far more complicated. If you tend to rely on eyes as a crutch as you are implying, rather than what your brain is interpreting from the information supplied by a pair of fully functional ears unimpaired by Noise Induced Hearing Loss and/or a poor monitoring environment, you will slip up. I think this is a case in point and offers an opportunity to do something about it going forwards. Alternatively, you can keep doing what you are doing and let's be honest, life is way to short to be chasing one's tail, especially after 140 threads plus whatever services you might be subscribing to with your hard earned money.......

But it's your choice, of course, but if this were my band.........you'd be in trouble  Tongue
"Nearly half of all teenagers and young adults (12-35 years old) in middle- and high-income countries are exposed to unsafe levels of sound from the use of personal  audio  devices": https://tinyurl.com/6xeeahc5 Read my bio.

Messages In This Thread
RE: mITc's Me and My Crew - by LukasL - 23-08-2021, 01:01 PM
RE: mITc's Me and My Crew - by Mixinthecloud - 23-08-2021, 03:52 PM
RE: mITc's Me and My Crew - by Monk - 30-08-2021, 01:21 PM
RE: mITc's Me and My Crew - by Mixinthecloud - 30-08-2021, 03:11 PM
RE: mITc's Me and My Crew - by Roy - 01-09-2021, 11:21 PM
RE: mITc's Me and My Crew - by Mixinthecloud - 02-09-2021, 12:30 AM
RE: mITc's Me and My Crew - by Monk - 06-09-2021, 11:53 AM
RE: mITc's Me and My Crew - by Mixinthecloud - 07-09-2021, 02:56 AM