Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yo Daddy D! mix by tjmtruth (Tommy Marcinek)
(02-09-2021, 08:56 PM)Omnishambles Wrote: I listend to both but mostly focused on the second mix. I will agree the moog(?) in the first version bothered me and it feels a bit more natural in the second version. It might be a bit loud in the solo and outro. I don't know if the volume changes at all or if it's just me but it jumped out at me more then. I don't know if there is more low end in the second version or not bit I think it balances out the upper mids of the overall mix. I think it feels good. I suppose my only issue is with the snare it feels like it might have just a hair to much attack or high end but  it just seems to distract me. It very well be me because I seem to be sensitive to snares lately. Maybe less horn? I dunno. I generally like louder horns so I'm not sure.

Overall, it works.

----------------------

Omnishambles, thanks for the feedback. I guess I'm the only one who liked the moog in the first mix....LOL. To me, it was just getting in the way of the bass, which is so cool. Filtering out the lows on it, adding distortion, and stereoizing it, was used as an effect and I intended it to no longer sound like a moog. I guess that is what's bugging those who are expecting that moog sound. As far as your other suggestions, I agree it seems to pop in and out kind of randomly. It needs automation for sure. The snare could be pushed back too, as you said. As I mentioned to Mikej, I usually tend to keep the snare too much in the background and so I'm probably now overdoing it. The horn is a difficult thing to manage in this song. He was moving in and away from the mic a lot and the tone was just weird. I tried all kinds of stuff to smooth it out, but in the end I think I need to go back in there and try again, and use some automation and different eq'ing, etc. Anyway, thanks again for your feedback. I really helps in this forum. That's why we're all here. :-) 
Tom 
tommymarcinek.com - Tommy Marcinek

Messages In This Thread
RE: Yo Daddy D! mix by tjmtruth (Tommy Marcinek) - by tjmtruth - 02-09-2021, 10:26 PM