Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yo Daddy D! mix by tjmtruth (Tommy Marcinek)
(01-09-2021, 10:00 PM)mikej Wrote: Hi,

Yeah it's light in the low end and and low mids and a bit strong in that 4k region for me.  It feels like there is maybe some sort of weird dynamics processing going on or some odd multiband processing thing perhaps?  Overall it sounds a bit kind of too plasticy and artificial to me.  I don't think the distorted synth bass sound is helping matters either - it sounds a bit kind of too thin and is making the whole mix sound more distorted than it perhaps should.

Certainly there is something going on in there that is making this quite a difficult listen for me, especially if I turn it up a bit.  There are couple of harsh resonances in the full mix - one around 4.3k mark and another between the 1-2k area - around 1.350 that I don't think is helping matters.  Pulling these out, rolling off a little top and and adding 2 or 3 db low shelf around 200 and below helps things a little.

Each to their own of course, just my thoughts.  I just feel this mix should somehow be sounding better than it does.

Cheers!
--------------------

Mikej, thanks so much for your thoughtful and thorough critique. Taking everything you recommended, plus other things, I worked a lot more on this mix and I uploaded an updated mix. Please let me know if I got things a bit more in line with what would be a better mix from the first one. I want to get this thing as good as possible! Thanks again....keep me posted, please. 
tommymarcinek.com - Tommy Marcinek

Messages In This Thread
RE: Yo Daddy D! mix by tjmtruth (Tommy Marcinek) - by tjmtruth - 02-09-2021, 12:42 AM