Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jesse Joy: 'Release'_mix Tommy Marcinek (tjmtruth)
(05-07-2021, 03:50 PM)tjmtruth Wrote: Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes

I hope the artist is not offended by the subtle yet substantive techniques used and my decisions made to improve upon an already GREAT song. I've been doing this for a long time and simply mixing the tracks that are given is not enough for me anymore. I want to do something more. Making myself a "producer" on some of these projects is fulfilling to me and very rewarding, both technically and emotionally. 
Tommy
Oh yes, same here! I agree with you 100%. This really is a great song and also I feel: There is something that needs to be set free, a sleeping energy, if you will. Also, I've been doing mixing for 20 years and where it became necessary I took over the role of a producer - however, rather to improve an otherwise boring or mediochre song, if the artist was fine with me doing so. I admit: that gets annoying after some time, but THIS here... what a great song, what an instant inspiration! I just have to do my own thing with that song!  Smile

(EDIT: I just listened into the vocal track. I wish whoever did the edit work would have paid more attention. There are some bad cuts between takes. And I think I hear a tube preamp or a tube mic. I would've picked another one for this particular song and voice. I makes the vocals a little harsh. I'm picky, I know :-) Still a wonderful song.)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jesse Joy: 'Release'_mix Tommy Marcinek (tjmtruth) - by Mansardian - 11-07-2021, 02:24 PM