Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
MekaPhil: 'Alive (Yet Free)'
Oh WOW! This is super aggressive! I absolutely adore the effecting you did for the section from 20-30 seconds! Me and meka are TOTALLY stealing that idea for a song haha.
I like the vocals and how well focused they are! The overall balances are really really good.
I just have a couple of suggestions that might help out with the overall quality of the mix:
1) The cymbals are actually pretty harsh. They're nice and bright but there's also some kind of aggression from 3k-4k that makes them fatiguing on the ears.
2) On that note, are the guitars 100% left and right? They feel a little centered.
3) Feel free to use some kind of air shelf to get some high end up there! Like, 10k and above.
4) There feel like there's not much energy at like, 120hz. Like there was a big ole notch or something there. Filling this out would help a lot with the overall feeling of fullness and evenness in the mix!

That's not that bad, to be honest. Those are just a COUPLE little things that together would make a big difference. I like the aggression of the guitar tones you chose and the lead tone could probably come down in the 4k department and be given a little more 1.5k to 2k just to feel more intimate. Other than that, which is totally personal choice, I really enjoyed hearing your take on our track. And I really appreciate the vision you had for the track. It hearkens back to classic anime openings, which is ABSOLUTELY what we were going for.
Oh, and awesome delay / reverb tail at the end on the vocal. GREAT choice.
Thank you so much!

Messages In This Thread
MekaPhil: 'Alive (Yet Free)' - by Saint - 05-07-2021, 07:51 AM
RE: MekaPhil: 'Alive (Yet Free)' - by aftercutrecords - 06-07-2021, 01:49 AM
RE: MekaPhil: 'Alive (Yet Free)' - by Saint - 06-07-2021, 02:24 AM
RE: MekaPhil: 'Alive (Yet Free)' - by Shul - 15-07-2021, 07:46 PM
RE: MekaPhil: 'Alive (Yet Free)' - by EarWeGo - 20-07-2021, 02:55 AM