Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Mekaphil: Alive (Yet Free)
Hey man! I really like your mix. There's a lot about it that's good, some things that are great, and a couple of points I'd like to see improved upon.
First, the great:
- The Intro Hits. The Kick, snare, toms, and cymbals are all very audible.
-The guitar tones are super thick and fun. I particularly like the more hard rock approach you took to them
-The Vocal mix is FANTASTIC. I love how the vocals and backgrounds sound. You definitely paid attention to the importance of the chorus screams and the blending of the variety of vocal styles.
-You captured the feel really well! This is an extremely solid blend of proper levels, strong tones, and a focus on the aspects that matter WHEN they matter. Good job!

Now for the things I'd like to see improved:
-The overall sound is very heavily 2-4k focused. It creates an almost scooped sounding overall mix
-The kick, bass, and guitars all take up a LOT of space in the 100hz to 200hz area and cleaning the up would very easily open up some space in the mids right above that area. In other words, the bass and kick in particular don't feel like they get their own space and that becomes more prevalent when the toms hit.

Smoothing out those harsher frequencies in like, the 3k region and carving a little more space in the sub 250hz areas for each individual instrument to shine may take this from a really good mix to a GREAT mix! Let me know what you think, or if I'm off base.

Thank you so much for taking the time to mix this! I really really enjoyed it Big Grin

Messages In This Thread
Mekaphil: Alive (Yet Free) - by Attack-on-Mixes - 01-07-2021, 09:41 AM
RE: Mekaphile: Alive (Yet Free) - by aftercutrecords - 02-07-2021, 02:42 AM