Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Nova-One Studio - Four Graham
I really like the vocals! I feel like the drums kind of get buried a bit by the low mids and a high mid boost. In other words, they feel ever so slightly obscured. I think the best thing would be to carve out some of that a 2k to 8k from maybe the cymbals, guitars, and vocals to make it so that the snare and kick pop a little more. This mix is one that's best focused on the vocals though, because they're lovely. So I think you did a really good job there. The overall balance is really good the majority of the time. The only thing I would say against that, though, is the second verse. The guitars feel a little too loud, which takes away from the part that comes after. It's okay for the guitars to be automated down a bit.
Funny enough, this song has always reminded of an earlier era of Escape The Fate, which is pretty grungy as far as production goes. So I think there's definitely tons of room for aesthetic choices like saturation on the snare and some angry compression on the background vocals and such.
It's definitely good though. I like it. It's a solid mix. There's just a couple of little things that would be fixed with either a smidgeon of EQ, maybe some saturation, and some automation!

Messages In This Thread
Nova-One Studio - Four Graham - by mikej - 20-06-2021, 04:30 PM
RE: Nova-One Studio - Four Graham - by aftercutrecords - 20-06-2021, 09:12 PM
RE: Nova-One Studio - Four Graham - by mikej - 21-06-2021, 12:33 AM