Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Brennon Causey Mixing - 'Going To The Moon'
(06-05-2021, 09:41 PM)mikej Wrote: Hi,

Overall it's good.

I do have a few thoughts with regards to that final polish:

Vocal:

I think you can tuck in the vocal delay a little more, to me it is a little distracting as it is perhaps?  Maybe some slight automation here and there too, to keep the vocal right upfront at all times - I think it dips just a little at certain points. I found it doesn't need much though.

Chorus:

It gets a bit busy frequency wise for me (eg around 0:37)  I think you can push that chorus synth back a bit?  The kick, bass, and synth are kind of getting in each others way a bit too much.  Maybe stepping on that lower vocal octave a bit too? The bass might be a touch too heavy in the chorus also. I get it that we want the chorus to be a bit bigger, however I think there is enough going on with the arrangement to keep listener interest, compared to the verses, without having to do too much.  You can always push things out to the sides a bit, to clear out the middle, and keep things out of the way of the vocal a little more.

What do you think?

Cheers!

EDIT: Forgot to mention, you might be able to do something with the ending?

Thank you for all the tips! I went back and tried to fix everything you mention, plus did a few more touch ups to it Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: Brennon Causey Mixing - 'Going To The Moon' - by 401kBC - 07-05-2021, 08:42 PM