Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Well_ Any feedabck would be great thanks!
(03-05-2021, 03:45 PM)401kBC Wrote: I think it is sounding pretty good. So I don't listen to this genre much, but from what I hear, The overall tone is somewhat dark, I think because the strong low mid energy of the drum track, but I guess it fits the genre. The vocals could use a little more energy. Maybe a slower attack time on a compressor, and a little less low end so the sizzle in the voice really cuts through. Also I like the how Snare cuts through like a champ. it just needs a touch little less low mids, or a touch of high end in certain places, to really match the energy of the song. Guitars and bass seem to be placed just right. Good mix Smile
Thanks for having a listen and giving some time to write some feedback. I really appreciate that.

I was going for a sludgy sound hence it is a little dark and bassy, that being said listening myself again and thinking about your comments i will go back into reaper when I'm next at computer and automate up the overheads give some brightness back into where they are lacking at some points. I had that in mind with the darker guitar tone! I perhaps wasn't thinking of the full picture and overlooked it ? I'll also look at the vocal compressor settings and give a listen to a few less lower mids.

I'll post the updated version

Awesome thanks again.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Well_ Any feedabck would be great thanks! - by sjtengineering - 06-05-2021, 09:07 AM