Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Skyeez & The Whiteflies - Jump Across
Yeah, I don't disagree with you. I just felt the need to explain what I was working at really I suppose.

Listening to the library mix my inspiration as such was to use this as an opportunity to mix it straight and not use any effects... I got a lot out of it anyway, learning wise. For me I felt there was maybe a better route to get the results I am after. Certainly I feel a lot more comfortable with drums and mix balance I think. You got to work at the things that you feel aren't quite there yet haven't you. No point in doing the same things every time and always not being quite satisfied with the result. Or something like that.

I might be inspired to add some sort of spice when I hava go at the telephone intro, and fix some of the backing vox bits, we'll see. Certainly be worth giving it a go and throwing up another version I think anyway.

I did wonder if I was missing something like that with the overheads, but didn't consider the room. I think I just flipped it for audience perspective and adjusted the panning. Didn't occur to me that the rooms might be M/S. It didn't quite sound that way to me I don't think, but who knows, you might be right. I did write a little m/s gain utlility in Reaper JS a while back, that can also do M/S encoding and decoding so might have to play about with it.

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!

Messages In This Thread
Skyeez & The Whiteflies - Jump Across - by mikej - 01-05-2021, 08:18 PM
RE: Skyeez & The Whiteflies - Jump Across - by mikej - 02-05-2021, 11:14 PM